Friday, February 11, 2011

My windows are wide open in winter. While it's usually shallow and uninteresting, obligatory bullshitting with someone who's the only other person in a waiting room or a bus stop or in a long line at your local glory hole, I need to talk about the weather. It's February and I'm enjoying the frightening specter of the apocalypse. Certain goddamn people have left the heat on too long, the house is on fire, "but it's warm and comfortable, can you get me another fig newton?" And then we're all ash.
But in the mean time, the windows are open wide, there isn't even the usual California rain storm around this time that causes local news media to gangbang the public with "STORMWATCH 2011!" Sounds like bad science fiction from some years back.
The sun is shining and I can't complain about it while my friends in Minnesota and New Mexico are literally frozen, barricading themselves indoors with (hopefully) some weed, Nintendo and a fire. Or else they could fucking die. So, I can't say shit about all this sunshine. Even with the lack of seasons in California, it feels strange but I'm always thrown off by something so let it be the summer invading January and February until the nuclear winter forever.
And with my windows open, people will drive by sometimes listening to tight jams, sometimes, and it makes me long for a cruise. I don't need a car and every day I'm not stalled in traffic keeps me another step away from death, but there is nothing like smoking something and driving around in the sun, wide streets, wide seats, metal, chrome, noise, music, wind blowing the brains out of all of the world's horrors. Good times were had.
Here's a jam I might cruise to. It's been out awhile but hasn't been played out. Long live shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment